DATA PRIVACY STATEMENTOur Approach to Privacy
- Why we collect personal information
- What kind information we collect
- Where we get these information
- Who we share your information with
- How we protect your information
- Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you
Why we collect personal information
To improve our products and services, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal information when it is reasonable and necessary. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual. [Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing personally identifiable information from the data].
In particular, we are using your information to:
1. Manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and provide services timely and efficiently;
2. Send commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, customer care and aftersales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
3. Share your personal data with third-party content providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
4. Conduct analysis for research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
5. Generate statistical insights based on usage/network information to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster, and other similar initiatives;
6. Run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act No. 9501, otherwise known as the Credit Information System Act; and
7. Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations. In cases where your separate and full consent is given, we are also processing your personal data to: 1. Create your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes; 2. Share your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, and mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, to our business partners and third-party service providers; 3. Compute your credit score based on data collected internally within VeritasPay and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and share your credit score to third-parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score; and 4. Send you information on offers, promotions, and advertisements from our business partners and third-party service providers.
What type of information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. This includes use cases like which related services and digital content a user might find interesting & useful. Furthermore information such as:
Who you are
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as SSS or passport numbers. You can check what we know about you by making a request to the VeritasPay Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below;
- Your credit card, bank and payment details; and
- Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address;
- Use of virtual or physical card to purchase online
- Utility bills payments and government contributions
- ATM withdrawals, payments and transfers to third parties
- Account maintenance, including change in account information and contact details
- The device you use when to access our Products and Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform) to customize our service for you
- No, we don’t look at the content of your text messages and we don’t listen to your calls, unless you’re talking to our hotline
- How often you access your account and why.
Where we get these information
There are a few different ways we collect information. Information that you personally give us Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
- Apply for subscription/registration to our services by via the Mobile App, filling out a Service Application Form online, or provide personal information to one of our TeleSales representative;
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys; and/or
- When you apply for job with us.
- Use our networks - whether it is mobile, Wi-Fi, or other channels;
- Purchase add-on products and services;
- Use our apps, websites and self-service channels; and
Information we collect from other sources We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Who we share your information with
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside VeritasPay (or the group of companies of which VeritasPay is part of) except in limited circumstances as noted in this policy. In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and other third party agencies as part of business operations and the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
- Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products and services, for example our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our hotline operations;
- Other companies in the Primeline Group of companies;
- Law enforcement and government agencies; and
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information
How we protect your information
1. We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
2. We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
3. We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
4. We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
Our Contact Details:
VeritasPay Customer Service No. (632)633-8902;
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when there are changes in this policy
VeritasPay collects personal information, voluntarily submitted by visitors to the Web site, which enables us to respond to requests for publications, distribute e-newsletters, process employment inquiries and respond to requests for more information or assistance. VeritasPay adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Web site. Except as disclosed below, we do not sell, barter, give away, rent or permit anyone outside of VeritasPay to use your personal information.
We occasionally use third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners to perform functions such as creative design, marketing, analytics, programming, site maintenance, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Web site. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering these data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Web site.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to
(a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Web site or our users, and
(c) act under emergency circumstances to protect our safety and security and those of our affiliates, agents and the users of the Web site or the public in general.
VeritasPay also collects anonymous information to help us tailor the Web site to visitor interests and concerns. We use "cookies" to help us understand which parts of our Web site are the most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. The information that is gathered through cookies is used solely to assist in improving Web site design and function. This Web site is functional without the retention of cookies. You may elect to block cookies from this site through your browser settings. VeritasPay strives to protect the transmission of any information submitted by visitors. VeritasPay does not warrant that transmission of data will be completely secured, and any and all submissions are at the visitor's risk.
Questions and comments should be directed to this email address. : email@example.com
Last updated: April 9, 2017