PRIVACY AND LEGAL POLICY
VeritasPay Philippines Inc. (“Veritas” for brevity) is committed to protect personal data privacy of our merchants, vendors, and clients. In order to show our commitment, we are in the forefront of complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules and regulations, memorandum circulars, advisories and opinions. This will ensure that we align the collection, use, communication, disclosure, utilization, protection and disposal of your personal information in accordance with the laws.
Personal and Business Information
VeritasPay will gather the following information when you avail our services, interact with our authorized representatives and designated agents or when you electronically submit to us your inquiries:
- Your Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Contact details (Telephone number, email address, office, home and mobile contact numbers);
- Home and/ or business address;
- Employment and/ or business information:
- Educational background;
- Specimen signature;
- Face, photo, biometric scan or handwriting;
- Government issued identification and/ or proof of business registration;
- Financial and employment records (income, educational background, employment details); and
- Images via CCTV recording generated when you visit and enter our offices.
With your consent, the personal information gathered will be used for documentation and processing purposes within VeritasPay. Any information that needs to be shared to third party/ies, business partners or government agencies will be encrypted and filtered and used for a legitimate business purpose, to improve our product and services, to support our processes, to strengthen our internal risk protocols and to provide you with seamless service. Furthermore, the information will:
- Facilitate application and use of our products and services;
- Respond to feedback, queries, complaints, and request;
- Send billing and transactional documentation;
- Conduct profile analysis for purpose of product and service research and development;
- For risk management and fraud prevention;
- Troubleshooting and technical assistance; and
- In compliance to the following:
- (a) Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules and regulations, memorandum circulars, advisories and opinions;
- (b) Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA); and
- (c) Any applicable local and international laws, rules and regulations;
Any transfer, access, amendment, erasure, storage, or processing of your personal data will only be done by VeritasPay with your consent.
Protection measures and retention
Only authorized VeritasPay personnel will have access to your personal and business information, the exchange of which may be facilitated through email and hard copy. This information will only be retained in our database if necessary and in order to fulfill a legitimate business purpose and may be disposed of and/ or anonymized as required by law.
You will be able to specify how you want us to handle your information and protect your privacy by informing us:
- Right to be informed: you have the right to be informed of the purpose, scope, and method on how your data will be processed;
- Right to object: you have the right to reject the processing of your data (e.g. marketing and advertising purposes);
- Right to access: you have the right to access the contents of your data;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to correct any error to your personal data; and
- Right to erasure or blocking: you have the right to have your personal data removed from our filing system and that of our outsourced third party, affiliates and subsidiaries;
Like any other website that collects cookies, VeritasPay is using the information to improve website functionalities and provide you with a better browsing experience. The saved content, which can be automatically loaded, will provide our users with a faster and personalized experience.
The data generated by visiting our website is not shared to any other party and only non-identifiable web traffic data is analyzed, including: Your IP address; the search terms used, pages, links, web browser used, and the date/ time you visited our site.
Our website may have links to websites, social media platforms, and other third-party sites that also utilize cookies. Please be reminded that should you access this links through our website, it is beyond our control if any of the pages have harmful content.
VeritasPay is committed in securing your personal information and assures that we adhere to a high standard of security and confidentiality in all our processes. We have adopted all reasonable physical and technical measures relevant to collecting personal information, and we have placed protocols to secure this information.
VeritasPay reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any given time in order to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations or changes in the structure of our business environment. It is recommended that you periodically review the Policy Statement for the latest information.
7th Floor SMB Prestige Bldg., 40 San Buenaventura St., Bagong Ilog, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone: +63 2 8633 8902
For general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For data privacy matters: email@example.com