This Technical Operations position leads GMI’s professional services practice. The position is responsible for the delivery of professional services, service configurations, technical standards and internal IT. In addition, the position provides technical guidance for complex customer solutions, engineering support for GMI products, product research and technical leadership. The role can be customer facing in the pre and post-sale environments and requires an understanding of customer needs.
This is a key member of the management staff that helps shape the company’s products and services. This position is pivotal to General Microsystems' technical accreditation and a significant investment is required by the technical operations manager and technical operations team members to demonstrate individual competency via vendor certification.
Duties and Responsibility:
- • Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of products, functions, features and benefits.
- • Translate customer needs assessments for complex implementations.
- • Define and manage professional services implementation projects.
- • Maintain quality control through establishing and maintaining technical operations standards.
- • Manage Technical Operations team.
- • Manage relationship with vendor support services team. • Assist in the technical aspects of RFP responses and product configuration.
- • Obtain and maintain vendor certifications necessary for company vendor status. • Provide knowledge and training on products to internal team.
- • Associate with meaningful user groups, industry groups, etc.
- • Manage internal IT infrastructure
Skills & Qualifications:
- • Five to ten years’ experience in technical engineering and IT management.
- • Specific technical experience and good understanding Solaris/Linux/Windows systems, architecture and integration are required. Must also have a good technical understanding of cloud solutions and storage systems (SAN, NAS and DAS). Familiarity with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), NetApp, Oracle, EMC, IBM, HP or other related environments. Networking, Splunk, and/or monitoring and security experience is a plus. Hands on IT experience, ideally with some aspects of development or automation tools.
- • Able to prioritize the work in multi-tasking environment.
- • Able to meet tight deadlines and follow up on commitments, detail oriented.
- • Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- • Flexible, accurate and excellent interpersonal skills.
- • Good team leadership ability.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org